Snorkeling yesterday was awesome! Having never snorkeled anywhere aside from the Vulcan pool (and that about 15 years ago), I didn't know what to expect. Of course, the waters here at the Perhentian islands are amazing for snorkeling and diving, and the weather was perfect. We saw a ton of tropical fish, as well as coral, urchins, rays, a sea turtle, and even some small sharks! Pretty incredible--I was really wishing I had a waterproof camera for the day.
The rest of the day yesterday was spent lounging around, lying in hammocks by the beach, and eating! Today, though, it rained all morning and early afternoon, finally clearing up around 2 pm or so. It's still cloudy and not *hot* like we've been used to, so that's too bad. Again, a lot of sitting around, but a few of us did go for a boat trip around the smaller island, and stopped at a Malay village, where our boat driver showed us around.
We're leaving the island tomorrow at 9:00 and will be off to Khota Bharu, a city, of about 1.3 million people, near the Thailand border.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well, the snorkeling does sound great. Yea I was reading that you can see lots and lots of sea creatures, even lots of sharks. And they say the coral is awesome. Sounds like a lot of lounging and eating's been happening on this trip. Thats always good for the soul. You should come back relaxed. Khota Bharu, colorful markets I see. Mind your manners there. Martin is still winning, he's in the final, against Howard or Stoughton. Love you.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you check the sports, maybe not. Stoughton just beat Howard. Stoughton got 4 in the 2nd and stayed ahead the whole game. Now its Manitoba vs Alberta, Sunday night. Stoughton has been hot so I don't know. Do you remember what ice looks like anymore.
ReplyDeleteHave fun in the sun. Hope its shining on you again.