Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kuala Besut

We're staying at a small hotel, for the night, in a small town (Kuala Besut) in northern Malaysia. The northern part of Malaysia is predominantly Muslim, and the people here follow Islam the most rigorously. That's not to say it's like being in the Middle East, or anything, but you can definitely tell.

Anyway, not much to really say right now because we spend pretty much the entire day in minivans travelling from Taman Negara to Kuala Besut. It was a nine hour journey, but it actually seemed to go by fairly quickly. I was planning to sleep, but unfortunately the road was just rough enough to prohibit such luxuries. Oh well.

We checked in, then ate dinner at a little place on the waterfront here which served good Malay food. Once I'm done here, I'll probably get to bed early. Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your posts so far-such great details!
    I am suspecting that this trip will give you the travel bug. Enjoy your next adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The details of your next stop excite me! It sounds like it will be gorgeous.

    I also thought you should know you are missing the Brier, ya we went last night. I figured you should be jealous of me now instead of the other way around. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, what they said, and the Brier has had some unbelievable shots. Enjoy your island holiday.
    Thanks for all the posts. Record cold here last night you luck dawg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be such a treat after the leeches, I'm sure!! So what does Malay food provide?
    Enjoy the sun!
    Take care!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete