Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More Samui

Well, since my last post we've spent some time on the beach and wandering around the shops and so on, as I said, of Chaweng. I've been feeling a lot better since that first day. I had a Thai massage, a foot massage, and a pedicure, all of which were awesome! Plus, my ear is better. I just hope it doesn't act up again on our flight back to Bangkok, which is tonight at about 6:00 pm. The time here on the island has sure flown by. A few days was nice, but I could definitely stay for a couple weeks... it's just so relaxing to get up, eat breakfast overlooking the ocean, wander around the beach for a while before finding some new restaurant or resort at which to enjoy lunch (and maybe a couple drinks), then lounge around for a while until it's time for supper, and so on. Last night after eating we walked down the beach and just sat there for an hour or so watching the stars... definitely a nice view.

For the first two nights here we stayed at a relatively "inexpensive" place, which was still nice, but definitely simple. For last night, however, I had booked us in at a much higher-end place (still not too expensive by north american standards) and, wow! You get the full resort treatment here, and the room is amazing! Definitely the nicest place either of us have ever stayed. I'm sad we have to leave after only one night.

Like I said, tonight we're back to Bangkok. We're going to look for a hotel in the Khao San Road area, which is supposedly very popular with backpackers. Betty was there on her first tour and said there's a ton of stuff to see, so I'm looking forward to it. Tomorrow will be an early morning, we have to be at the airport bright and early to catch our 9:00 am flight to Kuala Lumpur. The "Circle Malaysia" tour officially starts tomorrow, but really it's just a meeting in the evening, before we actually begin on the following day.

Thanks for all the replies; sounds like you guys are having great weather! Will post more when I get the chance.

2 comments:

  1. Hey don't get too comfortable there, you won't want to come back. Sounds like a nice relaxing place to start the vacation. Enjoy the Circle Tour, sounds interesting. Say Hi to Betty for me. Sorry I never mentioned that before. I do enjoy the Blog.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I became increasingly jealous as I read this post. That first paragraph was agony, well for me at least. Glad to hear everything is so lovely! In the mean time I will continue to debate whether or not driving home early from work due to road conditions is a good idea. Can't wait for some PICS!

    ReplyDelete