Thursday, March 19, 2009

Kuala Lumpur

The hop-on, hop-off tour was fun, except I didn't have nearly enough time to hop off at all the stops I would have liked to see! It didn't help that I started at 1:00 pm or so, and spent a little while debating whether or not to buy a new camera. It's really sweet (Canon SX1 IS), but in the end I decided to just wait until it comes out in North America (probably a month or two) and pick it up then. It wasn't like it's any cheaper here; in fact many camera- and cell phone-related items were more expensive! For instance, the SX10 IS (the previous model) was around 1700-1900 RM, which works out to be around 600 CDN. At Future Shop, it's only $400! Of course, you can get them to lower the price and throw in a bunch of additional items like cases and 4 GB memory cards, which sweeten the deal, but even still, those are "cash only" prices.

Oh well. No big deal. So I'm staying at one of the hotels at the airport tonight, and will be taking an express train out there later this evening (the airport is about 75 km from the city center). Then, it's off to Singapore at 9:00 am tomorrow!

FYI, the weather in KL is currently 31°C, with 79% humidity. Supposedly, it "feels like" 44°C.

2 comments:

  1. Shopping must be interesting. Are you able to fit anything into your bag!lol! The weather has been very pleasant this week and spring is on the way!! Take care!
    Love,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Feels like 44" eh? What ever 44 feels like that is?! Hop on, hop off busses are great, though with a short amount of time, all stops cant be covered. Sounds like the trip is wrapping up?

    ReplyDelete